COGS 2nd International Meeting (2022): About the Meeting
Bringing Gender and Sex Together: Transdisciplinary Theories and Methodologies
The territory of the Kanien'keh:ka Nation
May 29-31, 2022
About the Conference
The newly founded Canadian Organization for Gender and Sex Research (COGS) is holding our 2nd International Meeting which will highlight novel transdisciplinary perspectives on gender and sex research.
The conference aims to explore novel approaches to the conceptualization and investigation of sex/gender that can emerge from integrating different disciplines and world views.
Conference Objectives & Structure
- To showcase transdisciplinary sex/gender theories, methods & research initiatives
- To act as a platform for transdisciplinary engagement
- To expose the gender and sex research community to ground-breaking approaches and methods to advance gender and sex research
Combining plenary and panel presentations, symposia & workshops with poster presentations and multiple social opportunities to network and learn about gender and sex research, we hope that this conference advance transdisciplinarity in gender and sex research.
To consult the program click here
Confirmed Plenary Speakers & Panelist
- Gillian Einstein, University of Toronto & Founder of COGS
- Louise Pilote, McGill University & COGS Co-vice President of COGS
- Liisa Galea, University of British Columbia & COGS Co-vice President of COGS
- Greta Bauer, Western University
- Sarah Richardson, Harvard University
- Bernice Downey, McMaster University
- Harlan Pruden, Simon Fraser University
- COGS will be adhering to health requirements in place in Quebec and Montreal at the time of the conference
- Given the fluid nature of this situation, the specifics of the plan will be finalized closer to the event
- Anyone attending the conference will need to be fully vaccinated and will need to show vaccination proof to gain access to the conference
- If face to face gatherings are not permitted, the conference will be virtual
Sign up here to receive conference updates or keep an eye on our website & Twitter feed for updated conference information and registration!
For more information, please contact email@example.com